Saturday, December 10

hey look, the moon!


   I
    THE wind was a torrent of darkness among the gusty trees,
    The moon was a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas, 
    The road was a ribbon of moonlight over the purple moor,
    And the highwayman came riding—
                      Riding—riding—
    The highwayman came riding, up to the old inn-door.



Harvest Moon by Elizabeth Fraser


Once in a while I subject you to random astronomy posts. I really love the mystery of the heavens......and I hope one day to own a telescope. Maybe that's why I like sci-fi?


Today I sang in a chorus, at cookies, went to church, snarled at everyone, and got up late. Full day, but I don't feel satisfied. What am I going to do with my life?

"God's will," say the Christians, irritatingly serene.
"Whatever you are good at, want to, and feel like," say the non-religious, obliviously unhelpful.

{I'll go with the first option, which I'm sure includes consideration of the second!}


Why aren't I a better person? Why am I so nasty inside, tired outside, and bored? It isn't God's fault, you know, even though people blame Him for many things. It isn't really mine either; we are all born in sin, live in sin, and most would (and do) die in sin had not God offered salvation.

I think I'll stop philosophizing now.

Psalm 19

The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. 2 Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge. 3 There is no speech, nor are there words, whose voice is not heard. 4 Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun, 5 which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy. 6 Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them, and there is nothing hidden from its heat. 7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple; 8 the precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes; 9 the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether. 10 More to be desired are they than gold, even muchfine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb. 11 Moreover, by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward. 12 Who can discern his errors? Declare me innocent from hidden faults. 13 Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me! Then I shall be blameless, and innocent of great transgression. 14Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

"The aurora borealis declares the glory of God." Sorry, that doesn't have the same ring to it. And I doubt King David ever saw the Northern Lights.

As seen from space!


....we brake for nobody...heh heh heh....
auf weidersehn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to get comments!
Please write clearly with correct grammar.