Tuesday, October 4

i am officially a lame blogger

Yes, it is official: I should have updated this a long time ago. ...But I couldn't (and still can't) think of a single topic to blog about, so I didn't blog at all.


I have been starting posts, then deciding not to post them too long, so here goes.


My quail laid me her first egg today--exciting! Obviously, the tiny egg is hers is the photo below. So cute, to use a oft overused word.
I apologize for the terrible photo. I think the camera was mad at me (?) or something. 

This dreary weather is turning me into a cynic, in the idiom of Diogenes. (If you don't know who he was, look him up) 

Cheer up! Cheer up! Life could be worse!

I am reading John Adams by David McCullough for school. An excellent biography of an fascinating man.

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
― John Adams

“The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think, and the more anxiously I inquire, the less I seem to know...Do justly. Love mercy. Walk humbly [with your God]. This is enough.” 
- John Adams

I have also been reading some of Emily Dickinson's poems, and I love them. Her rhyming and meter is so terse, yet evocative and beautiful. 

And as regards music, I have been listening to opera and...Julian Smith. What  can I say!


The sheep are being their usual annoying ovine selves, ditto the goat, except he is caprine. 

I promise to post more later! If you have any ideas for me to post about, please leave a comment. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad there's actually somebody else in the universe who a) knows that sheep are ovines, and b) actually uses the word.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to get comments!
Please write clearly with correct grammar.