Saturday, September 17

the impossible dream

"To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star


This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause


And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest


And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star."

~ From Man of La Mancha

Some days everything goes wrong. I'll not bore my readers by describing minutely everything that went wrong for me today, and will spare them the gory details, but suffice it to say that goats are way too stubborn for their own good, and electric fences are a complicated intricacy. (And no, I prefer not to take that bit about stubbornness as discreet commentary about myself)


And the dog won't stop barking!
I refuse to be cheerful. I am aware life could be a lot worse, but it could also be lots better, and my spirits are low.


"His brow was sad; his eye beneath,
Flashed like a falchion from its sheath,
And like a silver clarion rung
The accents of that unknown tongue,
Excelsior!"

~ From this poem.
Well, I can't tell if my eye flashes like a falchion from its sheath (and I doubt it) 
but my brow is sad, I think. 
Farewell until next week, intrepid reader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to get comments!
Please write clearly with correct grammar.