Sunday, August 21

the usual insanity



"Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies. But my salvation will last forever; my righteousness will never fail."


~ Isaiah 51:6


Earth, as photographed from outer space. Even in outer space, on Mars, or at the very bottom of the Mariana Trench (35, 840 feet down), God is still there. Right with us. A frightening thought, yet extremely comforting.





 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~






"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only." 


"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."
                                             ~Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities




Random digressions:


1. I dyed a streak of my hair blue. Actually, it came out sort of a steel gray-blue, but it is still very interesting, if not extremely noticeable against my dark hair.


2. A rainy day is mysterious thing, full of soggy possibilities. I like rain. Very interesting. 



3. C'est la vie.


4. Topology is fascinating; also see this mind-boggling creation of an deranged other-dimensional mathematician. In Origami?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!!


5. How about in knitting? What an interesting subject, if in little relation to daily life.


6. ...ANYWAY, I wish you all an absolutely entrancing week ahead. Please say a prayer for my younger brother, who is away at an hockey camp this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to get comments!
Please write clearly with correct grammar.