Wednesday, December 28

worst movies i've seen

Without further Ado, the Official List of Movies I Hated.....

Disclaimer: this is my opinion, not yours, and I don't deign to change yours. If you disagree with me about my choice of movies, please leave a properly worded comment and lmk why you liked it, because I like debating unimportant things. :) It's entertaining!




 Igor
I could hardly make it through this movie: it wasn't terribly made or acted, but to me it was just so stupid. I don't usually like cartoon movies anyway. 
Plus, Igor was an annoying main character. 











Scott Pilgrim vs. the World 
Ditto on the stupid part. Live-action characters pulling pixelated swords out of their chest is just too much for me.














the 2nd and 3rd Pirates of the Carribean movies


These movies....were excruciating. The plot isn't very clear at all, and there are too many sub-plots. Just poorly thought out. I haven't seen the first or fourth movie, but I suspect they are similar.




Elizabeth Swan really gets on my nerves too, as does Will Turner. And Davy Jones is just creepy.


I do like the scroll logo for the franchise. It's cool.












 The Night before the Night before Christmas


Tediously saccharin, I will never understand why we even watched this Hallmark Channel original movie, in which Santa Claus loses his memory. (WHAT?)
Hallmark, please stick to making greeting cards.










Home on the Range


As I said before, I'm not a fan of most cartoon movies. Talking animals usually irritate me as well. And cows really aren't that smart! Trust me; I live in dairy farming country.













Rise of the Planet of the Apes


This movie was HORRIBLE! Atrocious!!! GAH!!!!!


The first Planet of the Apes movie, from 1968, starring Charlton Heston, was goofy and kinda silly, and the apes didn't look super realistic, but it was entertaining, and no one will ever forget the last scene. (Which I won't copy here because of swearing) 


Rise of the Planet of the Apes, supposedly a prequel, was well made, but it had no characterizations. No humor.  No romance. Lots of violent deaths, but an unsatisfying ending. Lacked any charm whatsoever.  In short, it was boring. Don't watch it. 
Why don't movie directors just quit making prequels? Often they aren't very good, and leave fans wanting to kill you for spoiling the story. (Hint hint Star Wars)


Prince of Persia
A movie made from a video game. Enough said. Violent, boring, and predicable, and the ending was stupid. The only part that was worth watching was the ostrich race. 


>>>>> In Lego, no less! Awesome!






Well, I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of any.
I am considering adding Jame Cameron's Avatar to this list, except that I did enjoy about 30% of it, and it was extremely well animated. Just about the best-made environmentalist propaganda film ever, but the glowing flowers were pretty neat.


 My favorite genres are action, sci-fi, classic films, in short most genres except (non-subtle) romance, romantic comedies, fantasy and most heart-warming family films. Oh, and I won't watch horror films or anything supernatural.
I also like movies to have a moral (good vs. evil), not be amoral or depraved, but no obvious message. I don't enjoy being preached at outside of Church of reading my Bible. Problem is, when Western civilization starts ignoring moral laws the movies reflect that.


“If you want to send a message, use Western Union.”

~ Sam Goldwyn

What are your favorite movies? Please leave a comment. :) <---- Jedi happy face which will mind-trick you into writing a comment


auf weidersehn

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I agree with you on everything except Hom on the Range and Prince of Persia, I liked those.

    I pretty much hate any type of musical. I'd rather shove knives in my ears and eyes than watch/listen to them. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I like some musicals, but understand the feeling....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to get comments!
Please write clearly with correct grammar.