Thursday, September 15

a ridiculously colorful post

Sugar bowl and lemons by Renoir




Still life with Lemons on a plate by Vincent van Gogh
Still life with Fruit Dish and Cup by Georges Daniel de Monfried
Still life with Lemon by Ashton Hinrichs


(picture from here)
On this dreary day, bright yellow can be very cheery, as opposed to on a sunny day, when it seems loud and cheery as opposed to the blue of the sky.



lemons





Mary jane heels
$39 - shopruche.com



^Colors of a day like this:


The sky was dark and gloomy, the air was damp and raw, the streets were wet and sloppy...and the rain came slowly and doggedly down, as if it had not even the spirit to pour.  ~ Charles Dickens

But I'm not sure I'd wear that outfit. Or those heels--think orthopedic torture....
As this is probably the most colorful post I will ever let pass the gates of "Publish"--enjoy. 


By the way, returning to the more psychological realms, I am reading a very enjoyable book: Five Children and It, by E. Nesbit. (1902) It is a children's book, but most ages should like it, unless you are the sort who prefers reading textbooks.
I personally think this is some of her funniest and best writing, and some of the inside jokes in it are amusing--"Lending ears was common in Roman times, as we learn in Shakespeare; but I fear I am getting too instructive." 

The plot is simple: five children discover an extremely grouchy fairy (the psammead, pronounced sammyead) who will grant them one wish a day. But you have to be careful what you wish for--you might get it. My favorite chapter so far is when their two-year-old brother is turned into an adult!



Anyway, reader, I am getting distracted, and the hoary voice of schoolwork beckons--and must be answered, lest the honored female parental authority withhold privileges from yours truly, who is still a minor unfortunately!


And may I note that I dislike Blogger's new interface? Very confusing to moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to get comments!
Please write clearly with correct grammar.